Skip to main content

who are they

FG to verify claims of suicide bomber

The statement said that the Murtala Mohammed Foundation had offered to cooperate with federal government in sponsoring two parents from Chibok, who had been selected to embark on the trip to Cameroon.
 Chibok girls
The Federal Government is to send some members of the Chibok community to neighbouring Cameroon, to verify whether a female suicide bomber arrested on Friday, is one of the abducted Chibok schoolgirls.
This information is contained in a statement issued in Abuja on Saturday by Mallam Garba Shehu, Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to President Muhammadu Buhari.
The statement said that already the Minister of Women Affairs, Hajiya Aisha Alhassan and Nigerian high commissioner in Cameroon had swung into action and were receiving a lot of cooperation from the Cameroonian authorities.
``It has been confirmed that one of two girls is claiming to be among the girls stolen from Chibok on April 14, last year, although doubts have creeped into the claim following new information from Cameroon that the two girls are aged about 10 years,’’ it stated.
According to the statement, one of the two is also believed to be heavily drugged and therefore not in full control of her senses.
It said that the Nigeria's High Commissioner to Cameroon, Amb. Hadiza Mustapha, had confirmed that the arrested girls might be brought to the Cameroonian capital, Younde, by Monday, at which point the High Commission would seek permission to meet with them.
The statement said that the Murtala Mohammed Foundation had offered to cooperate with federal government in sponsoring two parents from Chibok, who had been selected to embark on the trip to Cameroon.
``The two are Yakubu Nkeki, Chairman of the Parents of the Abducted Girls from Chibok association, and Yana Galang, the group's women leader.
``The Nigerian High Commission will receive the two and will facilitate their access to the two girls once permission to meet and verify their identity is obtained from the Cameroonian authorities,’’ the statement added.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that about 250 Chibok schoolgirls were reported to have been abducted by members of the Boko Haram terror sect at the Chibok Government Secondary School in Borno about two years ago.
About 51 of the affected schoolgirls were also reported to have escaped from their abductors, who were transporting them to unknown destinations, on the fateful day of their abduction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chelsea news

Chelsea news: Antonio Conte’s men shouldn't worry about beating Atletico Madrid - Lampard CHELSEA have to remember they don’t need to beat Atletico Madrid. Those are the thoughts of Blues legend Frank Lampard. After thrashing Qarabag on matchday 1, Chelsea travel to face La Liga giants Atletico Madrid in their second Champions League group game on Wednesday (7.45pm). Antonio Conte ’s men have hit their stride in the Premier League and swept aside Stoke 4-0 at the bet365 Stadium in their last outing. Lampard, who was part of the Champions League winning side in 2012, insists his former club don’t need to get a victory against Atletico. Morata and Hazard look sharp in training as Chelsea prepare for Atletico Madrid clash “Chelsea should remember they don’t have to win the game,” Lampard told the   London Evening Standard . “If they come away with a draw they will be happy and it will set them up for the Manchester City match. “I expect Atletico will press high ...
rudeboypsquare ALL YOU ALL WANT IS PSQUARE ALL I WANT IS FAMILY,LOVE AND CARE. PAUL OKOYE POURS OUT HIS MIND ON IG rudebo y psquare All you all want is psquare ,...all I want is family, love and care!!! Social media is the new root of all evil!! There's family before Psquare and there will always be family after PSquare ....Jude was only a scape goat and a victim .The person who has been keeping us together for all these years,..the truth is peter and Paul have issues!.For the first time I decided to do something outside Psquare ,and that is the case study here.I have always supported my brother 100% from His personal endorsements to dance with Peter which some re still on my I.g... Now I have just 3 questions....Why is it that these things are happening immediately I realized muno's singles under rudeboy Recordz. no.2 .. How come after jude stopped managing psquare for over a month now, the problem st...

Why Obama went to a ballgame in Cuba after the Brussels attacks

(CNN) As the Brussels attacks jarred Europe and sent shockwaves through U.S. politics, President Barack Obama stuck to his agenda: a speech to the Cuban people and a baseball game. Critics such as Republican presidential candidate John Kasich railed at Obama for failing to return to the U.S. immediately. But the President argued that sticking to his schedule denied terrorists any victory in their goal of upending daily life. "The whole premise of terrorism is to try to disrupt people's ordinary lives," Obama said Tuesday in Havana when asked if he had second thoughts about attending the game between the Tampa Bay Rays and the Cuban national team. The clashing approaches offer a window into the president's worldview -- his desire to emphasize long-term interests over short-term emergencies and project calm at a time of high public concern. It's a dynamic that has sometimes caused him problems, leaving aides concerned that Obama's cool ...